Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pet Calendar

On April 14th my Oakland Athletics are hosting the Detroit Tigers and having their yearly Pet Calendar and Pet Adoption Day.  Sure, it SOUNDS harmless enough, but I have mixed feelings. 
I often used to participate in this day, but it always led to heartbreak.
I LOVED my last pet calendar, but sadly it expired just one year after I adopted it. 
Every day after I took it for a walk, it looked a little more tired and ragged.  As each month passed, my pet calendar got thinner and thinner. 
Finally I could see the writing on the wall. 
...But I suppose I should have known: every pet calendar's days are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments. I'm like E.T. and Reese's Pieces with them. Don't leave me a monkey turd instead of a Reese's Piece.