Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Things I Have Learned From Walking 45 Miles a Week For Two Months

My legs look like Wile E. Coyote's after he ate the whole bottle of Leg Muscle Vitamins (https://youtu.be/kM-91sthsaE), but my feet feel like Kathy Bates' Misery character took a sledgehammer to them.

My really good work shoes last two months instead of half a year.

I have lost twenty pounds and my clothes look like I stole them from my Dad's dresser.

I have gained the ability to sit on the sofa for the entire weekend without moving. My wife and son have constructed a blanket sled to drag me to the bathroom.

Sleep is a precious, life-sustaining commodity, precious as fairy semen or the golden heart of a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments. I'm like E.T. and Reese's Pieces with them. Don't leave me a monkey turd instead of a Reese's Piece.