Sunday, November 9, 2014

Alienation

Last night [Wife] and I were in a restaurant with [Daughter] and about thirty other kids.
[Wife] and I were safely established at the Parents Table talking all kinds of smack when we were invaded by a tearful teen with extreme feelings of alienation, which is of course a hallmark of being a teen.
Because I am helpful, I told her quietly that "As an adolescent, I often felt that I was on the outside looking in. And then some kind adult would always come along and tell me to get away from the girl's locker room door."
This inspired her to find a seat with her own kind, and I got that warm glow I always get when I help another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments. I'm like E.T. and Reese's Pieces with them. Don't leave me a monkey turd instead of a Reese's Piece.